Tip proxmox and virt-manager

Topics relating to tips and helpful hints for users.

DocTator

Jun 19, 2023
New York
Pronouns
He/Him
Shell
  1. Bash
Editor
  1. Vim
Desktop
  1. XFCE
WM
  1. i3
So what's everyone's hypervisor of choice here? I prefer Proxmox for VMs that other people can use, and virt-manager for experimenting with different operating systems on my own. I've gotten pretty good at manipulating QEMU and virt-manager over the past few years, so if anyone has any questions about either of the above platforms, please let me know!

Thanks!

I'm pretty fond of Proxmox, i run all my stuff as Proxmox ct's on a dedicated server, and locally I mostly use docker for development, with some wsl use on Windows hosts.

+1 for Proxmox, it does all i want it to do and have my Homelab in it, though i use VM's and not Containers

Ovirt is to complex for what i do and never tried xenserver

For Local stuff i prefer Podman if its just a throwaway environment and i like to build binaries in a podman container. For VM's i use Libvirt/QEMU with virt-manager

About Us

• The Linux.Chat community is a multi-platform community for general Linux® support. We provide help and support for any Linux® distribution and aim to answer any questions you might have about Linux®. Discussion about the various aspects of Linux® and Free/Open Source software is also encouraged.

Visit our communities website at Linux.Chat.
  • Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.

Quick Navigation

User Menu